Thursday, December 25, 2008
Merry Christmas to All!!! and to all a good night!
Hope everyone is having a WONDERFUL holiday.
I have tons and tons to share, just waiting until I can actually take a breathe and upload my photos. So, Seasons Greeting and I'll be back soon.
Posted by Hobbie at 1:39 AM
Thursday, December 4, 2008
It's Beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!!!! Yippee!
Christmas Tag, here we go:
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I love wrapping at Christmas time.. I use the gift bags for birthdays. Weird distinction, I know.
2. Real tree or Artificial? When I was little, I thought real was so great, now that I'm the one cleaning up after it, I like fake trees...i can keep them alive a lot longer:)
3. When do you put up the tree? Ideally I would put the tree up after Halloween...ok, after Thanksgiving....At least by the first weekend in December (this year i'm a little lame. as long as I get it up by the time Chase gets here, i'm good:)
4. When do you take the tree down? Not until after Jan. 1st. AT LEAST!
5. Do you like eggnog? Not a bit! However I am a HUGE fan of Hot Cocoa (or Hot Chocolate, if you will)
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My parents always made Christmas very special. I can't remember a Christmas that they didn't get me something WONDERFUL. When I was 6, I asked for a dinosaur(my mom found me the coolest stuffed Triceratops). One Christmas, they got me my very own guitar.I could keep going there are so many.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My Mom and Dad & Adam's Parents
8. Easiest person to buy for? Chase
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, but have not put it out yet.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Um, I like receiving either!
(By the way, thanks Proffitt family, yours was our first this year. Margaret, you did a great job, soo cute)
Oh, you were asking what I send..............am I a loser because I have never sent out Christmas cards? Well this is my New Years resolution. You will all be receiving Christmas cards from me next year. (and by that i mean you will be receiving this years card, next year..when I finally get them done:)
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Is that even possible? I thought it was all about the thought behind the gift, not the gift itself.....that's what I have been told my whole life. Although, now that I think about it, a couple of years ago when I worked at ___________, my boss gave us each a bottle of wine(or champagne) for Christmas. "Worst" is a little harsh, but i didn't get any use out of it, except as a dust collector.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? "The Christmas Story", "How the Grinch Stole Christmas", "It's a wonderful life"...they are great, love em' all.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I try to keep my eyes open all year long, but usually really start around Thanksgiving.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think so, unless you mean "Literally" recycle, then maybe, because I'm sure by now, some of the toys and things I got when I was little have actually been recycled. Oh, that's not what you meant..... Well then if your going to call me out about it, the wine I talked about in #11 did make a gift for someone else to get use out of. (Is that bad????)
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies, cakes, Peppermint bark, fudge, all the yummy goodies that come with Christmas...Figgy Pudding, mm-mm (exactly what is figgy pudding?)
16. Colored or Clear Lights? Remember the old Colored Christmas lights the normal sized bulbs (not these tiny little LCD ones), i used to love those. We had those forever. I remember not even imagining using only clear lights on the tree and then I saw my friends tree, done in only clear lights, with lots of red organza(?) ribbon and giant "candy" it was beautiful. Now I love both colored and clear. (so, it was less heartbreaking when my favorites died and my mom switched over to clear lights)How can you not love both? Christmas lights in general are soo beautiful.
17. Favorite Christmas song? "Oh, Holy Night", "Baby it's cold outside", "Carol of the bells"...I love Christmas music. I can't listen to 'Mannheim Steamroller' without thinking of my mom decorating our house. She would transform it into a magical Christmas Wonderland. It was so fun.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Depends on where we would be traveling. As long as your with loved ones, it doesn't matter if your home or traveling to wherever.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I like both. Not at the same time of course :) This year I think it will be a star, unless I find a glorious angel (that is NOT creepy looking)
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? I like the tradition of opening one present on Christmas Eve and the rest in the morning. I also like the tradition of cheating on that Idea and actually opening a couple (if not most) on Christmas Eve.
My first Christmas with Adam, we opened all our presents early evening on Christmas Eve, we just couldn't wait any longer. Then it was kind of sad because the only presents that were left were Chase's and we knew Santa wasn't coming for us(Adam & I) in the morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The crowds. (i will walk right out of a store if it is toooo crowded.:)
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? It is always changing, I can't pick just one color. My mom would put up mini trees all around, with different themes and colors, we got to choose ours for our bedrooms ( i had an M&M themed tree one year:) Someday, I'm going to go all out, like she did, it always made it so much more magical and exciting.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? We have a family tradition, instead of having the regular turkey or ham, we have a traditional Korean meal(my dad went on a mission there) I think it is the coolest tradition my mom started. It's one of the things I really miss at Christmas time, now we have moved the tradition to my dad's birthday.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Santa, are you listening? Bring me a BABY!!!!
I'm an easy one, lets go with anything, music, art or craft related or clothes or jackets......or.........:) I think I am actually quite easy to buy for, if I do say so myself.
Actually this year I want a Bamboo Fun drawing tablet. (hint, hint babe)
26. White or Warm Christmas? White!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you aware that some people do not even know the magic of a white Christmas?There are songs written about it for a reason. Didn't you hear the guy who wrote "I'm dreaming of a White Christmas", lived in Phoenix, AZ....... I actually just made the last part up
27. Favorite thing about Christmas? Christmas Lights, everyone is happy and cheerful, hot chocolate, Christmas lights!, and sooo much more.
28. Favorite Christmas Tradition? We are still picking & choosing the best ones from each of our families traditions, to make the best ones for our little family. What are some of your traditions? I wanna hear some good ideas from other families.
29. Favorite Christmas Location? North Pole???
I don't know how to answer that.
30. Who do you tag? Who ever wants to have some Christmas fun.
Posted by Hobbie at 12:39 PM